IMPORTANT: This article is only relevant if you already have an existing instance of Sequr in Okta, otherwise you will not need to migrate to the new Sequr app.
Sequr has released to new app on OIN to provide a better experience to their Okta customers.
We have added the mapping of new attributes such as 'Department,'
'Employee Number,' and 'Cost Center,' etc. into the new Okta Sequr app.
To take advantage of this integration update, you will need to add the updated instance of Sequr app in your Okta org. Follow the steps below to migrate to the new Sequr application:
1) Login to your Okta org as an Admin.
2) Open the Admin UI.
3) Click on 'Add Applications.'
4) Add the new Sequr app instance.
5) Configure the application Provisioning. Learn how to set up the configuration step-by-step in this article.
6) After SCIM Provisioning has been enabled, go to the 'Assignments' tab of your new Sequr app instance. Click 'Assign' and start assigning the same users/groups that are assigned to your old Sequr instance. Make sure you assign all the users to your new Sequr instance to avoid any accidental de-provisioning and/or loss of access for your users.
7) Navigate back to your Okta Admin Dashboard.
8) Open your old Sequr app instance. IMPORTANT NOTE: Ensure you select the older Sequr app instance that you had configured before adding the new Sequr app instance in step 4.
9) Go to the 'Provisioning' tab.
10) In the 'Settings' section, click on 'Integration.'
11) Click on 'Edit' and 'uncheck Enable API Integration.'
12) Click 'Save.'
13) After completing step 12, you can deactivate or delete the old Sequr app instance, and begin using the new Sequr app.
- If you were using SAML as the sign-on mode for your old Sequr app instance, you will need to set up SAML on your new app instance in Okta (recommended), or maintain the old app instance to ensure that the SAML functionality continues to work. Learn how to set up SAML here: Enable Single Sign-On With SAML for Okta
If you need assistance or have any questions about this migration, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.