Genea Access Control + Milestone Video Management System enables you to integrate your Genea access control system with Milestone XProtect VMS. You can then control both your access control system and your video cameras from one centralized interface. Linking your access control system with a video can offer two-factor verification. Real-time confirmation of Access Control status with visual monitoring guarantees a high level of security and increased effectiveness in the system.
Combining video with your access control events offers several advantages. You get:
1. Better decision making from your operators, who visually verify the identity of individuals requesting access.
2. More efficient work processes, as operators can manage video surveillance and access control from one interface at their desk.
3. More thorough, straightforward post-incident investigations, as you have video information linked to each entry/exit event.
Step 1: Enable Genea ACS + Milestone VMS Integration on Genea:
1) Navigate to the 'Integrations' tab in your admin dashboard.
2) Go to 'Cameras' integrations, and click 'Install' under the Milestone integration.
3) Copy the Location UUID and integration token aka API key and save it to a notepad. We will need this information while setting up the Access Control integration to Milestone Management Client. Click enable to start the integration for the location.
4) Now download and extract the plugin folder.
Step 2: Install Genea Access Contol plugin on your Milestone XProtect Event Server:
1) Transfer the extracted plugin folder to the system where your Milestone Event Server is installed. Place the folder in the Milestone installation directory under MIPPlugins. The default path is normally C:\Program Files\Milestone\MIPPlugins. You can keep the name of the plugin folder unchanged or rename it to any name you wish. Please note that you will be able to see this plugin in Milestone XProtect Management Client with the name that you have assigned to the folder here.
Note: Some Windows OS may have security restrictions on anything downloaded from the internet and on such systems plugin files downloaded need to be unblocked. To unblock the individual files inside the plugin folder:
1. Right-click on the file and click Properties
2. Locate Security under the "General" tab.
3. Check "Unblock".
Repeat the steps for all files in the folder.
Step 3: Setup the integration module of Genea Access Control in Milestone Xprotect Management Client.
1) Connect to your Milestone XProtect Management Client with admin credentials.
2) Locate the Access Control module in your Milestone Site Navigation.
3) Right-click and select "Create New" to start adding the Genea plugin.
4) Enter the name of the integration, select integration plugin which you earlier saved in MIPPlugins folder in the Milestone Event Server installation directory. If you have used the default name for the plugin folder, then it will be there on the list as "GeneaAccessControlPlugin". Enter the API key and Location Id that you have saved earlier from your Genea integration page. Once all details are filled in, click "Next".
5) It will fetch all the required information like doors, commands for remote operations, event states, etc. from your Genea application to the Milestone.
6) Next step would be to map your access doors with the cameras. Simply drag and drop the cameras for each door in the list and click "Next".
Once the configuration is done and all your doors are mapped with corresponding cameras, you are ready to start monitoring the access events with Milestone Video Management System!
Step 4: Monitor your Genea access logs in Milestone XProtect Smart Client.
1) Connect to your Milestone XProtect Smart Client with admin credentials.
While connecting, you should be able to see the client logging into the Access Control integration module you created earlier in the XProtect Management Client. That ensures all configurations are synced from Event Server to your Smart Client.
If you do not see it logging to access control integration, check the status of the XProtect Event Server, it should be up and running.
2) Once you have logged in, navigate to the "Access Control" tab to manage and monitor the events of Genea from your Milestone application.
ACCESS CONTROL EVENTS:
Now that your system is linked, you’ll have the ability to view any access event or notification in Milestone Xprotect Smart Client > Events window.
You can add filters to further narrow down your search of Access events.
You can easily export the access logs with applied filters by clicking on the "Access Reports" button from the left corner of the window. The report will be exported in pdf format to your system's local drive.
This window lists down the doors from your Genea application. The integration allows you to perform remote operations, "Lock", "Unlock" and "Quick grant" from Milestone Smart Client on Genea's hardware.
To perform a remote operation on any access points, simply select the door from the list and click on the specific operation you want to perform. You can see the real-time footage of the entry point on the video player when remote operations are performed.
Milestone video player is designed with a number of useful features that allow you to inspect the video footage with ease. To learn more on Milestone Smart Client and its video player, please visit https://www.milestonesys.com/
This window fetches and displays the list of Active users from Genea to the Milestone application. Clicking on a specific user exhibits the user profile. You can click on "View cardholder events" to see the access logs of the particular user.
"Manage Cardholder" redirects to a browser page to your Genea application, from where the user profile can be managed.
The integration ensures real-time protection for both property and people. By linking your VMS with Genea, you can stay in charge of your company’s security.
If you have any questions about this feature or have any other requests, please reach out to email@example.com.