The Genea Submeter Mobile App is available for both iOS and Android devices. Review the following information to find everything you need to know about how to use Genea's submeter billing app.
- Getting started with Genea's Submeter Billing Mobile App
- Where do I see all my buildings?
- Where do I see all my meters?
- How do I sync data from web portal to mobile app?
- What are the different scan options?
Getting started with Genea's Submeter Billing Mobile App
To learn more about signing in to your Genea Submeter Mobile App, please read our Signing in to Genea Submeter Billing Mobile App article, to learn about the home page of the Andoird app, please read our What do I see on the home screen of my mobile app? article.
Where do I see all my buildings?
Once you log-in successfully to your mobile app, you will see the home page with different insights into your building's meter readings.
The top section of the home page displays the selected "Building name" for your account. Clicking on the building name will take you to the list of all buildings you have access to.
How to Switch between buildings on your account?
You may have access to your different buildings on the mobile app account, which helps you viewing and managing meter readings for each building. You don’t have to log off from your account each time you want to switch between buildings. All you need to do is browse the building list and select the specific building, you want to switch to.
Where do I see all my meters?
You can see all your meters of the specific building under the Meters tab on the bottom navigation pane in your mobile app.
All meters: Displays a list of all meters installed in the building. All meters are an aggregation of meters due to read + to be commissioned.
Due to Read: Based on the due date settings, you can see the list of meters under "Due to Read", for which the monthly readings are due.
Commission: When the new meters are added to your building web portal, they list under the "Commission" section in the meters tab and it requires you to commission the meters by sticking the system-generated QR codes on the meters and scanning the QR from the stickers.
Once you have located the list of all meters, you might be interested to view all the details about any specific meter.
To look for the details:
- Click on the meter ID from the list for which you want to review the details.
- The top section of the page displays details about the meter including, your building name, meter ID, the serial number of the meter, etc.
- Next comes the net consumption graph of your meter. The consumption graph is a plot of energy resources consumed over a period of time. You can set the x-axis of the graph to indicate data for the past 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years. Based on the filter applied data display of the graph will change.
You can also change the scale intervals of the graph by simply pinching the graph axes to zoom in or zoom out over it.
- The details section holds the meter details. It displays information about the meter, its unit of measurements, due date, multiplier, etc.
- The last section of the meter details page lists the past readings taken for the meter. You can view the meter read photo by tapping on the consumed unit.
How do I sync data from web portal to mobile app?
You can sync data between the web portal to your mobile app in one of the following ways:
- Pull and refresh the list of meters: You can sync the data of the mobile app from your web app by simply dragging and releasing the list of meters. This action will signal the application to refresh the contents of the screen.
- Reset Collection: You can also reset your account collection to replace the existing data with refreshed data from the webserver.
To do so:
1. Locate More options from your mobile app.
2. Click Reset Collection. Accept the warning.
3. It will start syncing the data from the central database to your mobile app. Syncing process can take some time based on the size of your database. Do not close the app until the sync process gets completed.
What are the different scan options?
You can directly read a meter without specifically locating it on the list by using one of the scan options available in the Genea mobile app. There are two methods in the mobile app to scan the QR code stickers on the meters and capturing their photos. The scan options are located under More options in your mobile app.
- Single Snap: This option scans the meter QR code sticker and takes a meter reading photo in a single shot. To take a single snap:
1. Click on the QR scan symbol from the meter reading page.
2. Scan the QR. Enter the meter reading and save.
- 2-step process: This option requires you to scan the QR sticker and save it first. Then in the next action, you can take the meter reading and save it.
If you have any questions or need help along the way, don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team at email@example.com or (866) 935-1557.