Genea visitor management system integration with Splash event monitoring system ensures to sync visitors coming via Splash to Genea platform. The integration allows you to automate and sync your event data in real-time with Genea platforms.
Enable Genea VM + Splash on Genea
Configure the integration rules
Configure your Splash account
Step 1: Enable Genea VM + Splash on Genea:
1) Navigate to the 'Integrations' tab in your admin dashboard.
2) Go to the 'Visitor Management' section, and click 'Install' under the Splash integration.
3) Click on "Add", enter the name of the integration and select the location.
4) A password will be promoted. Please copy this password and save it somewhere safe. For security reasons, this password will be only visible the first time you create the integration.
5) Now on the detailed page, you will see the integration URL and Username. Copy and keep them saved for future use.
Step 2: Configure the integration rules
1) Scroll down to the integration rules section and click on "Add Rule".
This step is really important since there must be at least one rule specified for the location for successful synchronization.
With integration rules, you can :
Map your visitor status from Splash to Genea.
Decide which "Visitor Type" needs to be assigned
Decide whether the visitors coming via Splash should receive an invitation and other visitor-related emails from Genea or not.
1. Status Mapping:
Add a mapping by selecting the status of a visitor in Splash and its corresponding status in Genea.
In the above example, when any visitor responds RSVP Yes in Splash will create the visitor's invite in Genea with the visit status "Accepted". While when the visitor checks in into Splash, the status of the invite will change from Accepted to "Checked-in " in Genea automatically.
1. You can add multiple mappings to the integration rules. The status of an invite created from Splash to Genea will be updated as and when any of the mappings are matched. A single invite can be updated multiple times based on the mappings created and matched.
2. Synchronization of visit data between Splash and Genea will depend on the rules created, hence make sure the mappings you define under the rules are relevant and valid.
2. Visitor Type:
Select the visitor type in the rule. When Genea receives webhook of visits from Splash, it will create invites in Genea with the specific visitor type mentioned in the rule. Please note that if the events that are intended to come from Splash are virtual events and visitors are not required to access the doors of your premises, then it is recommended to keep the setting "QR Door Access" off for the visitor type to be assigned to visitors coming from Splash integration.
3. Other settings:
Allow Genea to send emails to visitors coming from Splash
If this check box is OFF, then Genea will not send the following emails to the visitor:
a. Invitation email
b. Visit reminder email
c. Visit canceled email.
Allow Genea to send an email with a door access QR code to visitors coming from Splash
If you wish to give the door access QR code to the visitors and the setting "QR Door Access" is ON for the visitor type, then Genea will send an email to the visitor coming from Splash with the QR code. This email is mandatory and cannot be disabled.
Please note that the QR code will be generated only when a visitor checks-in in to Genea.
Step 3: Configure your Splash account
1) Log in to your Splash account.
2) Navigate to Integrations from the admin dashboard.
Add integration to sync guest statuses from Splash to Genea
3) You can create an integration to sync status updates of guests coming via Splash to Genea. To do so, click on "New Integration".
4) Select HTTP Request integration.
5) Under the Authentication tab, select the authentication type as "Basic authentication". Enter the "username " and "password" that you earlier copied from Genea dashboard.
6) Go to "Request Settings" and enter the integration URL that you have copied from the Genea dashboard.
7) Scroll down to "Triggers" section and enable the following triggers for Attendee:
a. RSVP Yes
e. RSVP No
8) Scroll down to the "Field Mappings" section and add the following mappings. Click Save.
Event Start Date
Event End Date
Event Owner Email
Add integration to sync event update & delete statuses from Splash to Genea
9) You have to create another integration if you wish to sync event data when you make any updates or delete them and want the changes to sync between Splash and Genea. Click on "New Integration" and follow the steps from 4 to 6 mentioned above in this section.
10) Scroll down to "Triggers" section and enable the following triggers for Event:
11) Scroll down to the "Field Mappings" section and add the following mappings. Click Save.
Event Start Date
Event End Date
12) Once the integrations are saved, make sure to turn both the integrations ON.
Once the mappings are done, Splash will send events when visitor books through Splash in Genea. You can see the invites coming from Splash to Genea on the Upcoming invites page of Visitor dashboard.