In order to configure a door reader to read and accept Genea credentials, you will need the following.
- An iOS or Android Mobile Device
- An iCLASS SE / MultiCLASS SE HID Reader
- HID Reader Manager App (available for free on iOS and Android devices)
- Genea MOB Key Invitation (only available via request from a Genea associate)
- Default Configuration Template (provided by a Genea representative)
HOW TO CONFIGURE A READER
- Download the HID Reader Manager app. Create an account, and log into the app.
- Once your account has been created, please reach out to Genea Support at email@example.com to request an invitation to use the Genea MOB key. Once invited, you will be assigned an invitation code.
HOW TO REDEEM YOUR INVITATION
- While in the HID Reader Manager app, click on the ‘Settings’ tab.
- Under ‘Administration Keys,’ click ‘Enter Invitation Code.’ Enter your invitation code and press ‘Register Device.’
- Once registered, click on ’Show Authorized Keys’ to ensure that the MOB key has been saved to your app. You may need to pull down on the page to refresh it in order for the MOB Key to appear. Once successfully activated, you should have the ‘MOB0771 - Sequr Commerical’ key available to you.
Next you will need the default configuration template. This is the template that you will apply to your readers.
HOW TO REDEEM THE DEFAULT CONFIGURATION TEMPLATE
After creating your HID Reader Manager account and redeeming the Genea MOB key, a Genea Representative will send you the pre-built template. If you are not working with a Genea Support Representative to configure your reader, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to request the Default Configuration Template.
Once issued to you by Genea, the template will appear in your HID Reader Manager app under 'Shared Templates.' Click on the template to redeem it. Once redeemed, the template will appear under the 'Templates' tab in your HID Reader Manager app, and it will be ready for application.
HOW TO APPLY THE TEMPLATE TO A READER
- Click on the ‘Home’ tab at the bottom on your HID Reader Manager app.
- Click ‘Scan for Readers.’
- A list of all nearby door readers should appear within your app. We recommend standing directly next to whatever reader you’re configuring as the reader with the lowest db will be the reader that is closest to you. For example, a reader listed with -40 db will be closer to you than a reader with -100 db.
- Click on the reader in your list of nearby readers. To ensure you’re configuring the correct reader, click ‘Locate’ on the page that appears. This will make the lights on the reader LED flash, and the reader may beep to indicate that you’re working on the correct reader.
- Once you’re sure you’re configuring the correct reader, click ‘Inspect.’
- You will be navigated to a page titled ‘Inspection Report.’ On this page click ‘Apply Template.’
- Next, select the Default Configuration Template from your list of available templates.
- A ‘Select Operation’ box will appear on your screen. Click ‘Apply’ to save the template to your reader.
- Once successfully saved, your app should provide you will feedback confirming the change.
After you’ve applied the configuration change to your reader, you may be prompted to perform a power cycle on your reader. If this occurs, please reach out to Genea Support by contact your Genea Customer Success Manager directly, or by reaching out to email@example.com.