How does the badge printer work?
The badge printer works with the iPad to provide instant, automatically printed visitor badges. When a visitor checks in through the iPad, the visit details are sent directly to the printer over an internet connection (the printer and the iPad should be able to communicate with each other) which “receives” the signal from the iPad and the badge will print instantaneously.
Supported printer models
Currently, Genea supports the following printer model numbers with Visitor Management System:
- Brother QL-820NWB
- Brother QL-1110NWB
- Brother QL-810W
- Brother QL-720NW
- Brother QL-710W
Adding a badge printer
Follow the steps below to map your printer with your Genea Visitor Management system.
1) Click on the 'Visitor Management' > 'Devices' > 'Printers' tab in your admin dashboard, and click the '+ New' button.
2) Name the printer, enter the IP address, select the model number from the drop-down, select the badge size. Click the 'Add' button.
3) Once the printer is added, you can see it in the list and now proceed with the below steps to link the printer with a specific iPad.
Linking the printer to iPad
1) To link the printer to an iPad, click on Visitor Management > Devices > iPads from your admin dashboard. Learn about How to Sync an iPad With Genea Visitor Management.
2) Click on Actions > Edit for the iPad with which you want to link the specific printer. Linking the iPad to the printer ensures print commands are received to the specific printer from the linked iPad.
3) Select the desired printer from the list and click "Save".
If you have any questions about Genea Visitor Management or are interested in learning more about the product, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.