Genea uses a phone's operating system and hardware components to securely transfer encrypted packets of data and unlock doors. If your phone isn’t unlocking your property doors or gates, try these things:
1) Did you recently get a new phone, reset your phone, or delete the Genea app off your phone? For increased security, Genea mobile keys are not transferable between phones and they are automatically deactivated if the Genea app is deleted. If this is why your key is no longer working, you will need to request that your office or community administrator issue you a new mobile key.
2) If you have not gotten a new phone or deleted the app, try closing out and re-opening the Genea app. Sometimes a phone’s operating system will automatically shut off an application if it is not being used often enough. Relaunch the app to see if it works.
3) If relaunching the app did not resolve the issue, restart your smartphone. Once restarted, you will want to re-open your Genea app and test it to see if your mobile key is granting access.
4) If restarting your phone has not resolved the problem, please ensure that you've enabled proper permissions for your Genea app. App permission settings do differ depending upon whether you're using an iPhone or an Android smartphone.
iPhone Genea App Settings
For more information on iPhone app use and settings, click here.
For iPhones, ensure that Bluetooth is enabled, your location services are enabled, and that you’ve downloaded the most current Genea app version.
Android Genea App Settings
For more information on Android app settings, click here.
5) If your key is still not working, check your app’s keychain to make sure you still have a mobile key. If it says you do not have any mobile keys, request that your office or community administrator issue you a new mobile key.
If everything above fails to alleviate the problem you are facing, please contact email@example.com for assistance.